Copper Mines of Tasmania is committed to providing a healthy, safe and productive working environment in which the highest standards of Occupational Health and Safety are maintained. We believe that every person has the right to a workplace free of hazards and risks and that productivity will be maximised only when all risks to person and property are controlled. A safe and healthy working environment is a collective responsibility requiring the commitment of management and all employees to ensure a successful outcome.
We aim to:
- Develop, implement and maintain environment management systems aligned with our commitments and beliefs and consistent with world-class standards;
- Comply as a minimum with all applicable legislative and statutory requirements;
- Seek continual improvements through setting and reviewing targets, assessing and reporting environmental performance, applying best practices and providing all employees with relevant training;
- Encourage contractors and suppliers to adopt our principles and practices; and
- Implement regular health surveillance and risk-based monitoring of employees.
Our health and safety systems include reporting mechanisms to ensure that information applying the appropriate industry key performance indicators is monitored regularly by our senior management at unit and group level and action taken where required.